Jan 16, 2016

And so it begins, ... again

Hello all-
    My name is Chris and I am embarking on a journey to write a recipe collection.  Yep, just like every other foodie in the world!  LOL  But, to my advantage.. I have a friend that IS a writer, and ... as long as she continues to answer the phone- she has been giving me some great advice!  Thank you, Deborah Blake! <3
      The reason this blog is named "... again"- is that I started a blog in 2014, and promised to write on it every week.  Then, as predicted, Life stepped in... and Blogspot deleted the old blog.  (Insert sad, unhappy face here).  But- I'm just going to make lemonade, as the old saying goes.

     So- this week I am going to talk with you about my experiences with a nifty new tool out there- the SPIRAL NOODLE maker.

      I had been looking at this thing for all of the Christmas season- but was wary of how cheap it looked, and I was really NOT supposed to spend any more money on kitchen gadgets. (yep. it's an addiction- and its a blog post for later!) But the reviews on this model were middle of the line- to above, AND I got a gift card to the store that had it... so home it came.
     It is a little on the "I think it is going to come apart side", and the suction cup on the bottom doesn't stick to tile.. but I plugged a zucchini into the thing and a couple of minutes later,  ZOODLES!

      Such lovely curls of veggie goodness!  Next I needed both a sauce- and to use up the left over shrimp from New Year's eve. So I made up a simple sauce of minced fresh garlic, olive oil, some dill, the chopped shrimp, some sauteed left over veggies from the same party's veggie platter (celery, green and red peppers), salt and pepper.  When it was crisp tender and warmed through- I turned it off and added fresh lemon juice to brighten it.  I didn't want the zoodles to lose any good texture and become slimy- like over cooked zucchini can become... so I microwave steamed them for 1 min 15 seconds.
      Put it all together in the bowl- added some cheese ( If I had had Parm- it would have been on.. but I made do with some Swiss), and......
  OMG- so yummy!  I inhaled it! Definitely going on the keepers list!  Well- here is the first blog done... Second time coming soon...
Keep cooking fearlessly out there!
Chris

   

1 comment: