Mar 21, 2016

You bake me right round baby, right round....

Today, while I was procrastinating about writing a paper for the college course I am taking, I ran across this little gadget I found a few years ago- and promptly buried in my closet of "I'll fool around with this later" kitchen clutter.  
Thinking that this would be a great blog entry, I promptly turned off the laptop (and my Paper), and got to work on figuring this thing out. It had not come with instructions but I was able to find some on the Internet a few years ago, and they were still in the box.





Following the package recipe (word for word) for the French bread, well, that wasn't going to happen. So I modified it all to heck, adding rye flour, white whole wheat, and a 12 grain add in. Fourty-five minutes later, I tugged,  and shaped, and got the dough into the glass container.

       









Another bit of a raise and into the 425 degree oven it went. (That was a bit nerve racking- hot oven and cold glass thing). But after following the directions on timing, 20 minutes later I had this.                                                                       
Following the directions in order to get it out of the tube... well that was a whole another level of frustrations and a minor burn!











I let it cool a bit and cut into it.



















What coolness!
                                                                                                                     

But what to do with it now,- cool toast, appetizers?  While looking around I saw my other favorite kitchen gadget- the Breakfast Sandwich Maker- and an idea popped up!








I added sliced chicken, provolone and pepperoni to the left side: provolone, jalapenos, and tuna salad to the right.



Toasted them for 4 minutes, and

Yummy Goodness.

















Here are the finished sandwiches:

They were very good!  And such fun to eat!  So if you stumble across the Pyrex "Bake-a-Round" snag it up for yourself or your favorite baker...
Here's a site that helped me with some new recipe ideas.
http://neufie.com/bake-a-round/

Now, sadly, back to the homework...

As always,
Live Peacefully. Cook Fearlessly
Chris







2 comments: