Feb 10, 2016

A Tale of Two (Breakfast Sandwich Maker) Eggs.. and how much I love Sunday morning!

The DH and I love a good egg muffin sandwich.
So imagine my delight about a year ago when I stumbled on a gadget called a Breakfast Sandwich Maker by Hamilton Beach.  Of course, it came home that very day to my kitchen! Every Sunday, was now Breakfast Sandwich day! Almost heaven... Almost, because it was a single muffin maker, and- counting myself and the DH, well, that makes two. So one of us (me) always had to wait for the second round of sandwiches.
Fast Forward to last Christmastime, and imagine my delight when I found a double sandwich maker was now on the market!!  The DH and I could eat hot sandwiches at the same time again. But, the pragmatic side of me couldn't justify buying the new, and improved version while we had a perfectly good one already.  Enter one of my best friends, who heard me lament about my predicament, and offered to buy one for me for Christmas, and I would "gift" her with my used one! Great friends are the best!
So- because this is a foodie blog- lets look at the food this machine puts out.



 Isn't She a thing of beauty? What she consists of is two plates, and upper and a lower that heats up. The lever that you see on the left side is coming from a removable set of two rings.




These are the removable rings that radiate heat, and cook the egg on the second level.  After 4 minutes you pull the lever, and the sandwich drops together.




These are the ingredients needed- today, I am making bacon breakfast sandwiches. Usually we have pork sausage, our favorite, but I wanted to shake it up a little bit and went with the bacon.  I needed to cook the bacon first, as the machine isn't on long enough to cook bacon.  With the frozen sausage patties,(they are fully cooked) I always defrost them for 30 seconds in the microwave before putting them in the machine. Along with the meat, I need cheese, an English muffin, and an egg.

While I am half toasting the English muffin in the toaster; I preheat the machine. (The directions say you don't need to do this. But I found that just putting in the raw muffins, I got crispy sides from the plates, but soft interiors.  Being the breakfast sandwich connoisseur that I am- THAT was unacceptable! LOL) Toasting the muffins half way keeps the crispiness all the way through the sandwich.)  Here you see the bottom half of the machine layered with a muffin, the bacon, and cheese.



I have flipped down the second set of rings, sprayed the plate with a little non-stick spray oil, and cracked an egg in each. This model even has a timer that I set for four minutes, and put down the top. After a minute, I open the lid, put the other side of the muffin on top of the egg, lower the top, and let the timer run out.








After the timer rings, I slide the lever, and watch the sandwich drop together.   I pick up the rings, and YAHOO!  two, TWO perfect breakfast sandwiches!










      And, this is what our rewards are on Sunday mornings! Did I mention that I love Sundays! LOL  
This is one machine that is worthy of counter space!
 As always,
Live Peacefully. Cook Fearlessly.  
Chris                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad it works. And now that I have detailed instructions, one of these days I have to try out my single one.

    ReplyDelete